Online Dispute Resolution and E-Commerce in the Transnational Context
The CPR Institute is pleased to present this program organized by CPR’s Brazilian Advisory Board, together with University of São Paulo and the United Nations Commission on International
The CPR Institute is pleased to present this program organized by CPR’s Brazilian Advisory Board, together with University of São Paulo and the United Nations Commission on International Trade Law (UNCITRAL) as part of UNCITRAL LAC Days and São Paulo Arbitration Week, generously hosted by TozziniFreire.
The panel will be moderated by Carolina Hannud, an expert in dispute system design, and featuring speakers from the technology sector as well as practicing neutrals and dispute resolution professors.
Agenda and Speakers
Arrival and check-in registration
9:30 am- Start of Program
Welcome Remarks by CPR Brazilian Advisory Board Co-Chairs
- Mônica Mendonça Costa, Partner at TozziniFreire
- Rafael Alves, Partner at MAMG
Welcome Remarks on behalf of UNCITRAL
- Anna Joubin-Bret, Secretary of the United Nations Commission on International Trade Law (UNCITRAL)
Program Remarks on behalf of University of São Paulo
- Carlos Alberto de Salles, Professor at Faculdade de Direito da Universidade de São Paulo (FDUSP)
10:00 am – Panel Discussion regarding the use of online dispute resolution to resolve e-commerce disputes in a transnational context
- Carolina Hannud, Professor Law Schools of Fundação Getulio Vargas São Paulo and Rio de Janeiro, Mediator, Legal Designer, Dispute System Designer
- Daniel Arbix, Director, Head of Legal at Google – Brazil
- Sofia Kilmar, Technology Litigation Partner at TozziniFreire
- Luisa Shinzato, Global Manager, Legal & Corporate Affairs, BEES Fintech | AB InBev
- Diego Faleck, Mediator & Founder of Faleck & Associados
- Juliana Krueger Pela, Professor at University of São Paulo Law School; Partner at Advocacia Krueger Pela
11:00 am – Q&A
- Questions by moderator Carol Hannud
- Questions from audience (in-person and virtual attendees)
You are invited to attend this panel discussion either in-person or by viewing it virtually via video link.
When registering, please select either the In-Person ticket or the Virtual ticket so we have an accurate count of in-person attendees.
Registration is free; attendees must be registered in advance of the program.
The in-person location is the office of TozziniFreire Advogados in São Paulo.
The address is R. Borgas Lagoa, 1328 – Vila Clementino, São Paulo – SP, 04038-004, Brazil
RUA BORGES LAGOA 1328
(Friday) 09:00 - 11:30